To strengthen the families and values of East Texas by helping parents prepare college-worthy, character-witnesses of Christ for the next generation.
Legacy Academy is founded upon the passage of scripture found in Deut. 6:5-9 NIV:
5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
As a University-Model® School, Legacy Academy believes strong families produce strong, college-worthy, character witnesses for Christ. Our unique blend of the best of traditional, Christian school and time off-campus gives families the best of current, Christian educational models. We believe, based on this passage from Deuteronomy, that families are strengthened when they have time for family investment.
Parental relationship allows you to:
- be the primary influence in your child’s life,
- observe and realize your child’s unique, God-given purpose
- and then draw out that purpose and invest in that purpose.
Practically, how does this model enable you to do this? Well, at Legacy Academy, we offer:
- a two-day school week that is certified and governed by the University-Model® Schools International (UMSI)
- coursework preparation by your child’s degreed teacher for the three “satellite” or at-home days
- continual support, communication, and collaboration between parents and teachers
- an initial Whole Child Assessment of the student where key indicators are communicated to the parents regarding skill set, learning style, and natural giftings, as well as, suggested supplements, courses and extracurriculars
Lastly, Legacy Academy believes strong, Christ-centered families need the support and accountability a community provides. Our culture is unique and very intentional; one that is founded on Christ, His word and under-girded by UMSI, where great resources are available to us to promote and protect our calling in order to collaborate well with parents. The culture of Legacy Academy offers support to Christian families through :
- parent/teacher partnerships,
- special parent seminars,
- family engagement,
- and available learning resources.
- Love and Glorify God (1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Peter 4:11)
- Help Fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Affirm, Encourage and Equip Parents (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 22:6)
- Educate with Excellence (Luke 2:52, Proverbs 1:2-7)
- Integrate Home and School (Deuteronomy 6:7-9)